Kingsland Bowling Club is committed to the maintenance and preservation of its bowling and club facilities for future generations in a sustainable and environmentally-friendly manner.
The Club’s Executive Committee endorses the adoption of this Policy which encompasses the bowling green, clubhouse and surrounds. All members of the Club must comply with the Policy at all times.
The Club acknowledges the importance of such a policy and practices, not only locally, but nationally. These practices include waste minimisation and recycling, energy efficiency, minimal use of chemicals, water resource management and the conservation of nature and landscapes.
In order to promote good environmental practice, our policy with regard to the protection and sustainability of the environment is as follows.
1. To identify the environmental impacts of the Bowling Club’s activities and develop suitable objectives, targets and management procedures, that will minimise any environmental impact.
2. To comply with relevant legislation, regulations and other requirements relating to our environmental impact.
3. To improve our members’ understanding and commitment to environmental practices through regular communication; in order to ensure a safe and pleasant environment for everyone.
4. To prevent pollution, minimise our inputs of utilities and resources and the outputs of emissions to the atmosphere, effluents to waters/sewers and wastes to disposal facilities, reducing energy consumption and endeavouring to re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.
5. To develop and maintain constructive relationships with relevant environmental organisations to ensure good practice and sourcing of best advice.
6. To introduce sustainable operating procedures and practices to minimise Kingsland Bowling Club's overall impact on the environment.
7. To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.
8. To continue to maintain and improve the appearance of Club facilities and surrounding grounds.
9. To encourage the use of car sharing, including when away fixtures are being played.
10. To demonstrate our responsibility as good neighbours by supporting environmental initiatives in our local community, and sharing good practice with the neighbouring school, local clubs and other organisations.
11. To ensure that the effectiveness of this Policy is reviewed periodically by the Executive Committee, and when necessary, taking corrective actions which will be communicated to members.