Kingsland Bowling Club (the Club), is fully committed to equality and diversity, and will conduct its activities to avoid any discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and national origin.
The purpose of this Policy is to ensure that everyone, both members and visitors, are treated fairly and with respect, by setting the standards and values that will apply throughout the Club at every level.
• The Club’s Executive Committee endorses the adoption of this Policy and expects all members of the Club to comply with its aims and intentions at all times.
• The Club will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual or group. This includes sexual or racially-based harassment or other discriminatory behaviour, whether physical or verbal. The Club will work to ensure that such behaviour is met with appropriate action in whatever context it occurs.
• The Club will conduct a thorough investigation of any complaint of discrimination, once brought to its attention. Where such a complaint is upheld, the Club may impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate.
• The Club will take positive action where inequalities exist through a programme of on-going training and awareness, in order to promote the eradication of discrimination, and to promote equality and diversity in bowling.
• Differences between individuals will be recognised, acknowledged and celebrated to reflect the values of equality and diversity in the ethos of the Club, and to demonstrate that bowling should be enjoyed by everyone who wishes to play the game.
• This Policy will be reviewed from time to time and updated in line with any appropriate changes including legislative requirements.
Date: 26th June 2017